Top 10 Advantages of Joining Hands-on Training
Cosmetic and Aesthetic medicine, Hands-On Training -- August 02, 2023
The theory should also translate into practical! - A statement that holds to date. Unfortunately, that is not the ideal scenario in all organisations where learning does not translate into practice. E.g., a person who has read a sentence in his mind may mispronounce it while reading out loud; similarly, reading a topic does not necessarily mean that you will do justice to it practically. This is especially true in fields that require precision skills, like medicine, cosmetology, architecture, manufacturing, etc., and if mistakes are made here, it can lead to grievous consequences.
Therefore, hands-on training and theory classes must be provided to prevent these mistakes. Hands-on training while learning in a course gives the students the safety net to make errors while learning, rather than making mistakes on the job! Many corporates nowadays believe in providing hands-on training to their employees before they are assigned roles to perform their job better.
Cosmetic and Aesthetic medicine
is gaining immense popularity due to its increased effectiveness in improving the individual's overall physical appearance using non-invasive approaches. Kosmoderma Academy of Aesthetic Medicine (KAAM) constantly keeps pace with the industry's emerging trends, innovations and changing requirements, which helps the students abreast in the cosmetic and aesthetic industry.
At Kosmoderma Academy of Aesthetic Medicine (KAAM), students are exposed to the practical aspects while learning and spend most of their time working and learning hands-on on real patients. This gives them the confidence to start practicing immediately after the course.
What is Hand-on Training?
There are many advantages of Hands-On Training
while learning at KAAM
- Improves Retention of Information- Retaining and remembering are difficult over a long time, and hands-on training has proven to be more effective in retaining information as it involves physiological and psychological aspects of learning. Hands-On- Training helps engage both sides of your brain- listening and analysis occur in the left hemisphere, while visual recognition is stronger in the right hemisphere. During hands-on training, the brain combines both learning styles and can store more information for longer.
- Improves your Attention Span- When you are being taught in a lecture, your attention span is mostly for about 20 minutes, and then you are doxing off. Hands-on- training rejuvenates the student’s learning process by making them move about. The blood starts pumping and circulating, and you are attentive as you practically perform the task.
- Encourages Working in a Team- We are all accustomed to working in silos, but hands-on training brings students with different mindsets and ideas into one group. In the hands-on training, the students are divided into groups and work together, enhancing their team-building skills. This also improves their technical and social skills. In a team, the student learns to work and handle a team. This is important in the student's career and job profile.
- Makes Learning Fun- During hands-on-training, the instructor/ teacher teaches the practical application of knowledge and while teaching, multiple small activities are given to students to perform to increase their participation. This makes learning fun when compared to sitting in a classroom and listening to lectures.
- Empowers You- A hands-on learning methodology equips you with all the necessary tools, techniques and skills that help in boosting your confidence and self-esteem so that you can incorporate those skills into your work schedule and perform better. In short- hands-on training makes you practice-ready!
- Brings Out Your Creative Skills- Hands-on-Training empowers you to be creative - this will help you use different approaches to solve problems. Creativity also allows the expression of speech and helps earn extra marks from your instructor/ professor.
- Perfects Your Technique- If you are a doctor or a beautician, hands-on -training on real patients/ models will make you perfect in adapting those techniques to your practice. This will give you the confidence to perform any beauty treatment/ procedure on your client/patient.
- Gives You Work Experience - Hands-on training will allow students to get experience without a degree or a certificate. The knowledge you gain from the hands-on training may add skills to your job/ practice. When you apply for a new job, you can also state the hands-on training as your experience.
- Helps You Freelance- If you are a working professional and want to freelance in a particular field, getting a hands-on-training in that domain can empower you with skills and techniques that can help you to start your freelancing venture with little investment as you can perform the procedures/ treatments by yourself and not needing extra staff.
- Allows You to Make Mistakes - Hands-on training gives you a chance to experiment and make errors- this is acceptable as you are training under the guidance of your professor/ teacher. When you make mistakes, you learn and change your approach towards the technique and master it well so that you do not make the same mistake in your practice/job.