Mastering the Art of Botulinum Toxin: Comprehensive Training Courses for Medical Professionals
-- August 02, 2023
Wrinkle lines occur around the eyes, mouth, and between eyebrows. There are numerous treatment options for wrinkles today, and many over-the-counter products and people are turning to their dermatologists for longer-lasting options. In addition to the endless anti-ageing products available online and in the market that help treat these lines and wrinkles, there is another option- Botulinum Toxin!
What is Botox?
Botulinum toxin is popularly known to people as "Botulinum toxin." It temporarily reduces facial fine lines and wrinkles and tremendously improves overall appearance. Botox is a purified form of a drug that is made from a toxin produced by a bacteria called Clostridium botulinum. It temporarily relaxes muscle movement by blocking the release of acetylcholine (an organic chemical and neurotransmitter responsible for smoothing fine lines or contracting certain muscles). Botox is a general name given to the treatment. However, you may be injected with other FDA (Food and Drug Administration) approved brands like Dysport, Xeomin, or Jeuveau. The selection of the brand depends on what your dermatologist recommends based on your facial structure and needs. Although botox is dangerous at higher levels, it can be used in regulated amounts to correct wrinkles.
In 2020, studies showed Botox had been the most popular procedure worldwide. These stats prove that the demand for Botox will grow exponentially. The past two decades have seen a rise in the demand for Botox injections worldwide. The world market for botulinum toxin is estimated to grow from USD 6.5 Billion to USD 9.09 billion in 7 years (2022-2029) with an annual growth rate of 4.9%.
This comprehensive training course of mastering the art of Botulinum toxin course from Kosmoderma Academy of Aesthetic Medicine (KAAM) is an excellent opportunity for healthcare professionals who aim to include aesthetic and cosmetic procedures in their practice.
By the end of the course, the student will be able to:
- Know and learn the effects of Botox on various parts of the face
- Learn the use of Botox in other medical conditions
- Understand and be hands-on on different types of Botulinum toxin available and the different techniques for each of them
- Combine botox with other cosmetic treatments for rejuvenating the face.
- Apply different techniques of Botox injections.
What are the benefits of enrolling in this course?
If you are a healthcare professional and have a private practice, then this hands-on training course from KAAM is vital. After the training course, healthcare professionals can add Botox to the services provided in their clinical setting.
- Botox is an FDA-approved product in high demand, both cosmetically and medically. You can expand your portfolio by treating patients with migraines and excessive sweating and performing anti-aging cosmetic procedures with Botox.
- You can provide different types of Botox treatment to your clients depending on their needs, As healthcare is evolving, so is Botox treatment. If you have studied a course in Botox, you can learn the advanced methodology of Botox treatment and guide your patients on the different options.
- There are no permanent complications after Botox injections and very few temporary side effects like redness, burning sensation, itching, etc., that can be resolved by applying ice and painkillers.
- This simple, non-invasive procedure doesn't impact the patient's daily routine activities; the results are seen within a week.
Who is eligible for the course?
Kosmoderma Academy of Aesthetic Medicine (KAAM) offers hands-on training courses and workshops in Botulinum toxin course. There are different courses ranging from basic to advanced levels. The eligibility criteria to enrol for this course are as follows:
A medical degree from a recognised medical college [MBBS, MD (Dermatology), M.Ch (Plastic surgery) BDS, MDS] or another alternative medicine field.
Botox course outline
The Botox course from KAAM is an excellent opportunity for healthcare professionals who aim to include aesthetic and cosmetic procedures in their practice. This course is a combination of lectures and hand-on-training (each with 50% weightage) where students will understand how to use Botox effectively for various cosmetic conditions, resulting in a more youthful appearance of the skin.
- Facial anatomy, introduction to Botulinum toxin Toxin, and history
- Application of Botulinum toxin Toxin/Filler in cosmetology and other medical condition
- Different types of Botulinum toxin/fillers and injection techniques involved
- Indications and contraindications
- Pre-procedure preparation
- How to choose the right client and the right product.
- Managing post-procedure complications
- Marketing strategies to offer Botulinum toxin/filler treatments in a professional setting
At KAAM, hands-on training on live patients
is important to understand real medical situations and ways to handle them. It enables the students to inculcate everything they learn into practical application in the future. This includes
- Interaction with patients/clients helps evaluate them and diagnose their condition.
- Face mapping- marking the areas to be treated.
- Patient preparation- the use of anaesthesia if the need arises.
- Practical demonstration of different techniques.
- Post-procedure care- complications are mild and should be easily managed.
- Performing the technique-
- Forehead Rhytids
- Glabellar Rhytids
- Gummy Smile
- Sad Smile
- Crows Feet
- Platysmal Bands
- Liquid Face Lift
In this Botulinum Course from KAAM, students are exposed to the practical aspects while learning and spend most of their time working and learning hands-on on real patients. This gives them the confidence to start practising immediately after the course. During the course, our students will have the chance to interact and network with the best industry experts in aesthetic medicine. The students will also learn the latest medical and technological advances in the field and be exposed to different brand products used for the treatment.
Upon completing this course at KAAM, you will gain the confidence to perform botox injections with utmost ease and comfort. Our microdermabrasion training course
is competitively priced and conducted by experienced tutors/professionals who are up to date with the latest skincare innovations.